Build up your inner man. Believe you can, and nothing will be able to stop you.
#inspiration #motivation #fitness #health #exercise #wellness #wellandfitcoaching #lesbrown #fitmom #boss #queen👑 #blackfitnessnow
Hi Everyone, and Happy Tuesday to you! Today was very productive and it moved rather quickly, but one think I forgot to do was take a break and MOVE! I blame it on the hot weather here in Southern California, but it was mostly me (hehehe!).
Today’s inspiration actually came from and Instagram post I came across from @busyprobalance. Periodically she makes these posts that remind you to get up and move even while you are at work. The funny thing is I also had this in my notes to blog about today, but didn’t do it myself…. I guess I will get back tomorrow.
The majority of the time we can get so wrapped up in our work (I call it being in my zone), that we can forget to take a break. Go outside and refocus your energy. Give your eyes a break from starring at the computer screen or dealing with difficult customers. A favorite quote of mine has always been, “Just find time to be”. Once your done come back inside a hit it hard again, but with a fresh mind and body. Let’s make our best effort to Tackle Our Tuesday… or Wednesday… or everyday! Remember to always take a break and move. Be well you guys.
Live. Love. Well & Fit.
Below are some exercises you can do right at your desk if you don’t have enough time to go outside:
Happy Tuesday Everyone! I hope you all are having a great day! May is National Mental Health Awareness Month, and this is a subject that is very important to me. Working as a health educator has helped me to realize how people don’t typically take their mental health into consideration when it comes to overall health. When in all honesty, you cannot talk about your physical health without considering the mental aspect of it. In addition mental health touches me culturally because in the African American community it is not something that is taken seriously. It is typically not discussed, and going to get any type of therapy is seen as negative. I am determined to change all that by providing weekly motivation, and topics that will make your day better through inspiration. After all wellness is not just about physical health, but about your mental health as well.
So…. I began thinking how am I taking care of my mental health, and what can I do to encourage you as well… so here you go… my tips to take care of your daily mental health:
- Pray – Starting and ending my day talking to God provides me a sense of calm and it gives me gratitude everyday.
- Make a “To Do” List – I have talked about this before, and it still rings true. If you have short term goals for the day, it will give you a sense of accomplishment therefore feeding your confidence.
- Listen to something inspirational – Whether I listen to the bible, a daily devotional, or a motivational speaker, keeping myself inspired gives me hope throughout the day.
- Relax your mind – I know it can be tempting to continue to check your social media or binge on Netflix, but don’t do it. Spend at least 10 minutes in silence by yourself every night to work on your mental peace.
- Set a bed time – Just like children adults need a bedtime too. After I made a commitment to making a bedtime my life has never been the same. I wake up refreshed and ready to tackle the day.
- Exercise – There’s nothing better than exercise to keep you in balance. Someone once told me the only way to get back to homeostasis is by crying or exercising. Exercising releases endorphins that help you feel better and rest better. It is definitely my go to for mental health.
- Laugh – It seems almost automatic, but yes laugh. Laughing improves your health and helps you enjoy life. Your whole body will become more relaxed, and you’ll have a better outlook after.
- Rock Out! – Last but certainly not least find time to just dance, sing, and have a good time. Whether in your car, home, or a night out on the town taking time to just rock out with friends and family is so therapeutic.
There you have it! My 8 tips to take care of your daily mental health. I can certainly say do 90 percent of these everyday. It helps me manage my mental health, and keeps me positive. Try them and let me know how it goes! Be well guys.
Live. Love. Well & Fit.